ABOUT THIS POLICY
Nobu.store (“Nobu.store”) is an online platform that enables users to research, find, sell/rent and read digital content of Author/Publishers worldwide. Our services are made available through the internet resource (and related domains and our affiliated websites around the world as well as Mobile Applications.) (“Website”).
Information Collection and Use
From where do we collect Your information?
Nobu.store collects personal information to enhance, personalise and improve Your experience on the Website.
We collect and receive Your information when You voluntarily provide it to us at the time of registration, We may also receive it when You use Nobu.store Services and when You visit Nobu.store pages or the pages related to the content contained within Nobu.store. We may combine information about You that We have with information We obtain from business partners or other companies in order to provide Services You have requested from Nobu.store.
If You are located in EU, You will also be asked to provide clear and unequivocal affirmative consent to the collection, processing, and sharing of Your user information via cookies and similar technologies. Nobu.store automatically receives and records information on its server logs from Your browser, including Your IP address, browser settings, and pages requested.
What is the information that We collect?
We gather two basic types of information through the Website: (i) "Personal Information," that is information from which an individual can be identified, and (ii) "Aggregate Information," that is information from which an individual cannot be identified (collectively “Information”).
i. Personal Information: is information which personally identifies You. Basic Personal Information that We collect from You includes information related to:
· Contact details such as name, mailing address, email and phone number;
· Billing information including credit card and payment information
· Your transaction history;
· Information You provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions;
You would be required to create an account on the Website and provide certain personal information namely: name (individual/company/firm etc.), contact number, email address, address, city, state and pin code as part of Our customer identification process. You may or may not choose to provide the information sought by Our Website. Your personal information would be collected by Us only when You register on the Website. If You do provide any personal information while registering but do not go through with the registration process, any such personal information collected or provided by You till then, will be destroyed by us.
Your credit card information is requested only when You place an order and is submitted via the highest level of encryption to ensure the greatest amount of safety and security. We also collect information about how You use our Services, such as the types of content You engage with; the features You use; the actions You take; the people or accounts You interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of Your activities. For example, We log when you're using and have last used our Services, and what Digital Content have You taken on rent or uploaded for sale or the nature of publishing profile You use.
All the information that You shall provide Us is voluntary, including sensitive personal information. We shall not collect any sensitive personal data or information pertaining to any of Your financial accounts with any financial institution, personal information relating to any identification card issued by the government, sexual orientation, passwords, biometric information, medical records and history and/or the physical, psychological and mental health condition.
If You do not want Us to collect Your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to Us. However, depending on the level of information received, We may or may not be able to provide You our Digital Content and Services.
ii. Non-Personal Information: is information which may not identify You directly, but We have the ability to track the usage of Our Websites when You simply browse Our Websites as a visitor even if You do not create an account on our Website. This may be technical information or demographic information e.g. IP address, cookies etc.
This information is not used to track information about individuals who visit the Website but is used to an aggregate level to customize Our Website, Digital Content and Services, improve the online experience and plan advertising and promotions.
Information from Other Sources. We may also periodically obtain Information about You from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information We may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
Even if You do not make a purchase on our Website, We have the ability to track usage of our Website – including the server from which the Website was visited. This Information is not used to track information about individuals but is used on an aggregate level to customize our Website, improve the on-line experience and plan advertising and promotions.
Why do We collect information?
Nobu.store may collect information like Name, e-mail id, telephone number, shipping and billing addresses, bank account details, payment e-mail id etc. during one of the following activities on the Website:
This is a process of providing one- time information with us to create a User ID. Once You voluntarily provide Your Personal Information required, You are registered at Nobu.store and can access the Website from that time onwards only by the usage of the User Id and password.
We keep a ledger of the orders that you’ve made with us. We keep an account of the number and genre of books that you’ve rented and the duration of Your rental period, the mode of Your payment, Your publication, if any.
· To use IP addresses to identify location of users to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine the jurisdiction in which You are accessing the Services;
· Remitting Seller Earnings,
This service would additionally require Your Identification Documents, for example a copy of Your Passport etc. to be submitted to the Website.
These details are used only for the specific purposes of:
- Fulfilling Your requests for Digital Content and Services
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our Services are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
- Improving our Services/ Personalising Your experience with our Website We use the information We have to deliver our Services, including to personalize and make suggestions and recommendations for you.
- Communicate with you
We use the information We have to send You marketing communications, communicate with You about our Services, and let You know about our policies and terms. We also use V information to respond to You when You contact us.
Please note, You have the option to opt-out from Nobu.store's newsletter, e-groups and other communication channels. However, certain critical announcements which are necessary for all our users may still be sent to You by Nobu.store.
- Conducting research
We use the information We have to develop, test and improve our Services, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new Services and features.
- Verification of the Publisher/ Author
We use the information We have to verify accounts and activity, We collect certain documents for eg. Passport copy etc. for this verification process to make sure that no person gets impersonated on our website by using a false name or identity.
- Verification of the content published with us
We use the information to combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Services, and promote safety and security on and off of Nobu.store Services.
- Remitting Author Earnings
We use information such as addresses, and bank account details of the users of Nobu.store to remit the author earnings that You might have made by publishing with us.
Nobu.store does not share Personal Information about You with non-affiliated individuals or companies. The information is shared only under the following circumstances:
· Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using our Services
When You sign up for our Services involving communication, delivery or financial transactions, Nobu.store provides the personal information required for those purposes to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Nobu.store under confidentiality agreements. They may only use Your data as directed by Nobu.store, which includes using Your personal information to help Nobu.store communicate with you, delivering services or other Products, and completing financial transactions. However, these partners do not have any independent right to store or share this information, nor do they have any right to contact You for matters not pertaining to Nobu.store.
· Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below:
1. In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if We have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from any jurisdictions when We have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
2. When We have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Services, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Services), You or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, We provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of Your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Services.
3. Information We receive about You (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with Nobu.store) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
Nobu.store and its affiliates will share some or all of Your Personal Information with another business entity should We (or our assets) plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
If You are located in EU, You will also be asked to provide clear and unequivocal affirmative consent to the sharing of Your user information with another business entity via a dialog box or such.
· Disclosure to Other Entities
We may use other companies, including but not limited to its corporate affiliates, only to the extent the same is required to provide joint services or certain services to us or on our behalf and help us to operate our business. We may disclose Your Information to the following entities:
· Affiliates: Our family of companies. Your information may be shared among our affiliates.
· Business Partners. We may also share Your information with trusted business partners, including wireless carriers and payment gateways. These entities may use Your information to provide You with Services You request, make predictions about Your interests and may provide You with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
· Service Providers. We also may disclose Your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that run service centres, help us with billing, maintain this Website, to process credit card payments, to provide fraud screening and/or detection services, to perform data integrity checks, to offer You a line of credit, to provide Website optimisation services, to fulfil Your order, for payment collection, to deliver advertisements on this Website and third party websites, to send mail or email, and/or to provide customer service. These companies are limited in their ability to use Your information for purposes other than providing services for us and are required by contract to use any information We share with them only to perform services to us or on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality of Your Personal Information.
· Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when We disclose Your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order, etc.,);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
· Other Parties in connection with Corporate Transactions. We may disclose Your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
We ensure that the parties with whom We shall be sharing Your Personal Information shall maintain the same level of data protection and security as adhered by us.
Nobu.store limits access to personal information about You to employees who We believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide Products or services to You or in order to do their jobs.
Correct/ Edit/ Delete your information from your profile
Any information shared by the User at the discretion of the consumer. You as a User will have the authority to edit/ correct/ delete Your information from your profile that is retained by us at any time.
For more information on how to correct/ edit/ delete Your information from if You find any difficulties in performing any of these functions You may contact us at email@example.com
We use "session" cookies to keep You logged in while You use our Services, to better understand how You interact with our Services, and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic information on our Services.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of Your Personal Information is important to us, albeit as no electronic method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. We recommend that You do not share Your password with anyone. In addition, Your personal details are stored on a secure server that only selected personnel contractors and authorised Agencies have access to. We encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that Your personal details are safe as it is transmitted to us.
However, You understand and accept no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that You transmit to Us and You do so at Your own risk.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect Your Information from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage or destruction. These measures include:
Physical safeguards, with locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing Your information.
Technology Safeguards as specified above.
Organizational safeguards, like training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect Your Information. Our organizational privacy policies and standards also guide our handling of Your Information.
Storage of Your Information
The information We collect from You may be stored on our servers and anywhere or its technology providers’ operators.
Disabling Your account
We do not disable Your account from our end, however We may deactivate You from using our Website as an author if We have grounds to be reasonably suspicious towards Your profile or Your actions through Your profile. If We deactivate Your Author account for the reasons stated above and You wish to get it reactivated, You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We store Your data until a time period which is determined on a case to case basis. It depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when You search for some digital content for rental without registering with us, We do not have the means to retain that information. If You submit a copy of Your government-issued ID for account verification purposes, We do not delete that copy until Your account as an author exists with us. We may retain a copy of Your documents for an additional time period also.
Content others share or reshare about You
You should consider whom You choose to share Your content with, because people who can see Your activity on our Services can choose to share it with others on and off our Services, including people and businesses outside the audience You shared with. For example, when You share an e-book, they can download, screenshot, or reshare that content to others across or off our Services.
Please clearly indicate the information that You wish to review or have changed. We will endeavour to comply with Your request as soon as reasonably possible. Note that despite any removal of or change to Personal Information requested there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
The accuracy and confidentiality of Your Personal Information is entirely Your responsibility. We are not responsible for personal data transmitted to a third party as a result of an incorrect email address provided to us.
Confidentiality and Security: We make all User information accessible to our employees, agents or partners and third parties only on a need-to-know basis, and bind all such employees to strict confidentiality obligations. Notwithstanding the above, We are not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of Your Personal Information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of or agreement with such partners and third parties. Further, We shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond our reasonable control of including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User etc.
We may disclose all or part of Your personal details in response to a request from the law enforcement authorities or in a case of bona fide requirement to prevent an imminent breach of any applicable law for the time being in force in the Republic of Singapore.
Please be aware that You can opt out of receiving service messages from us by contacting us email@example.com.